Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nervous breakdown anyone?

It all started Thursday well, the exhaustion started way before that.

Oh what a day that Thursday was. I had five kids, four of which were three an under for the majority of the day. The best part, packing them ALL up in four carseats to get child number six from school. Phew! The day was tiresome but fun. All of the kids played fabulously together and I don't think I could have asked for better behavior from any of them!

Then Friday. Job interview 9,617 (not really, only number 4. One job I turned down, one turned me down and the other has yet to make a decision) - you're hired (we'll call it restaurant A since I decided that I was NOT going to go back to work full time). Sweet! But wait...people are calling 24/7 now to interview me, do I really want this job? Sure. But what about my scheduled job interview on Monday? I'll go anyway.

Friday was also the day that my emotional sh!t hit the fan. I read something, it really really hurt my feelings. Why? I don't know, I probably took it a little harder than I should have but it stung like 100 wasps. So what do I do? I quit my mom's message board, makes a lot of sense, right? The amount of people that are able to get ahold of me outside of the message board and the people that attempted to get a hold of me just validated my feelings that maybe I really don't belong. Depression sets in....*sigh*

The weekend. ALL three children were sick, puking sick. That is all I have to say about that.

Which brings us to St. Patty's Day. My son is still puking, great. Next up! I started training at Restaurant A, it went well, could have been a little more welcoming than it was but not bad. Then my brain starts thinking, do I really want to give up watching the little boy that I have watched for over six months now? The little boy is so well behaved, my son adores, and who talks to me about the girls kissing him at school? Later on I am thinking and thinking about money, friends, jobs, babysitting a particular little boy and rear end somebody on the way to my job interview. Just flippin' great. No damage to the other person's car, thank goodness, but they had this nice little thing called a trailer hitch. Boy is my husband going to be peeved when he sees that. Anyway, job interview goes great, they want to hire me and I don't have to quit babysitting!!

So it all comes down to today. I completed orientation and Day 1 training at Restaurant A (only to come home to my dog LOCKED in the bathroom and finding out that he ATE, yes ATE ANOTHER door!). I really need to make a decision on if I want to continue there or go on to Restaurant B. But what to do?

Restaurant A will definitely make me more money (thinking with my brain) but Restaurant B will allow me to continue to babysit AND I have the added bonus of previously working there and knowing fellow coworkers (thinking with my heart).

What do I do in all of this mess? Where do I work? Do I go back to my message board? Do I say screw my bumper and leave it cracked for awhile as a visual reminder that RED lights do NOT mean GO?

Isn't it great to be me?

Over and out.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

did you ask me what i think? i'm not sure but here is my 2 cents. you've got a lot on your plate and it sounds like you're forgetting to breathe.

good luck with your job decisions -- sounds like you have some good options. go with your head, not your heart. sometimes our hearts lead us to do stupid things but your brain rarely will (i know that one first hand).

{{{hugs}}} {{{breathe}}} and welcome to the blogging cult. :)

Lauren said...

I agree with Marissa. You have a lot on your mind and on your plate. Take one day at a time and your answer will come to you when you don't expect it.

Jen said...

I found you and you are missed.
((((HUGS))))
Take a deep breath and weigh all the pros and cons, put it on paper, talk out loud, whatever works for you. The right answer will come to you. Good Luck!!

Unknown said...

Yep...they're all right. Of course. Just slow down for a bit. Don't make a decision until you're really comfortable with it.